Church of St. George is located in one of the oldest districts of Tbilisi in lower Kala, on a rocky slope the Kldisubani. Church was constructed in 1753. The present church was built with the financial sources of Petros Zohrabiani and his wife Lalita. It was completely repaired in the 19th century, in the same period of time a false dome and a chapel were built on the hall type building that was roofed with cylinder type vault. The restoration left its trace as the brick works are observed in the stone laying. The brick crosses and the order of rhombs on the western and southern facades belong to the same period. The stairs to the church from Gomi Street are set against the rock.
Kldisubani St. George Church belongs to the Georgian Orthodox Church since 1991.