The church is named after Saint Marina the Great Martyr (Margaret of Antioch).
In the south, above the door there is a bilingual inscription (Georgian and Russian) informing about the date of the church construction - 1856. It was constructed by the will of the Metropolite Isidore. The hall type church is constructed with the European brick. After the Soviet regime was established, St. Marine’s church shared the same fate as the other churches in Georgia - the liturgical ceremonies were terminated and the photo lab was disposed in it instead. The church resumed its religious functions in 2002.