The court church of the palace was constructed in the late 18th century and was renovated in the 19th Century. It was called the church of St. Erekle and Daria. The buildings were damaged during the invasion of Iranian Agha Mahmud Khan in 1795, though they were repaired at once, and the queen lived in that palace till 1803. After the deportation of queen Darejan to Russia, Russian exarch Teopilakte obtained both the palace and the church and disposed the theological seminary and parish schools in it. A bit later, the church was sanctified as the Christ’s Transformation church and a monastery was founded in it. During the Soviet regime the place was left deserted while in 1991 it was turned into a nunnery.