Martvili is located in Samegrelo region, Western Georgia, 54 km away from Kutaisi Airport, 154 km from Batumi airport and 280 km from Tbilisi.
The Martvili Canyon is a natural wonder. It used to be a bath place for Georgian Nobles, Dadiani family. Now it represents a touristic site. People visit it to enjoy the scenery, its waterfalls and take a boat trip. Visitors can enjoy 300-meter boat tour on river Abasha and beautiful views of mountain river canyon.
Taking walking or boat tours at Martvili Canyon tourists can explore the Dadianis’ Path, mountain river gorge, limestone natural bridges, overview platforms, waterfalls, XIX century water mill, fossil shells of nautiluses and sea urchins.
- Adult price - 35 Gel.
- Students and pupil - 5 Gel
- Boat trip – 15 Gel per person
- Diving – 50 Gel
There are walking routes in the canyon (around 300-500m) and boat trip including stoppage time lasts around 15-20 minutes. Walking routes are must and not less impressive than boat trip.
Working hours: 10:00 – 17:30
Working days: every day except Mondays
Tobook private tour, just follow the links below or contact us here
3-Day private trip from Tbilisi Canyons and Caves Tour
8-day private tour from Batumi Charm of Georgia
10-Day private tour Nature & Culture of Georgia
10-Day private tour Explore Georgia
12-Day private tour Beauty of Caucasus
14 day Georgia-Armenia
- Civil marriage ceremony – 100 Gel
- Due to visitors' safety boat tour is not allowed in rainy and snowy weather
- Tourist season at Martvili Canyon lasts all year around, hot season is from April to October.
- While visiting boating route, visitor height must be more than 1meter
- Visitors participate in rowing the boat
- It is possible to place 6 people in the boat
- Tourists are recommended to be casually dressed, wear sport shoes.
For safety of visitors and maintenance of the Natural Monument following activities are not allowed while moving on the trail:
- Use trail after the working hours
- Climb, sit and lean upon the banister
- Run and Jump on the trail, bridges and viewpoints
- Load bridges and viewpoints with more than 10 people at a time
- Allow children under 14 unattended to use the trail
- Use the trail being influenced by alcohol
- Get out of the boat during the tour
- Enter the navigable route without safety vest
- Damage nature and infrastructure
- Gather natural and cultural materials
- Make noise
- Gather or dig up plants
- Bring pets
- Carry a gun
- Move by bicycles and motorbikes