The Bridge of Peace is a Pedestrian glass and steel bridge, in a bow-shaped design. Bridge sits over the Kura River in downtown Tbilisi, capital of Georgia.
The bridge stretches 156 meters and has 1208 LED bulbs built-in, that are switched on daily 90 minutes before the sunset and features four different lighting programs that run on the canopy every hour.
The bridge was ordered by the City Hall of Tbilisi to create a contemporary design feature, which connects Old Tbilisi with the new district. It provides a view of Metekhi Church, Statue of the Tbilisi’s founder Vakhtang Gorgasali and Narikala Fortress on the onme side, Baratashvili Bridge and Presidental Office on the other.
The Bridge of Peace was officially opened on May 6, 2010. The Italian architect Michele De Lucchi, who also designed the buildings of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Presidential Administration of Georgia in Tbilisi, designed the Bridge. The lighting design was created by the French lighting designer Philippe Martinaud. The bridge was transported to Georgia from Italy in 200 trucks while the lighting was installed on the site during the assembly of the structures.