Attractions

Attractions

Show Attractions on Map

Hide Attractions on Map

Tours and Tour Categories

All Attractions

Shio-Mgvime Monastery

Shio-Mgvime Monastery

Shio-Mgvime monastery is located in a beautiful forest place on the left bank of the river Kura in Georgia. The road follows a narrow limestone canyon from the main square in the town Mtskheta.

Samtavro Monastery

Samtavro Monastery

Samtavro Transfiguration Orthodox Church and Nunnery of St. Nino was built on the place called ‘Zemo Ecclesia’ (Upper Church). It was located in the capital city of the Eastern Georgian Kingdom Iberia Mtskheta in 30s of the 4th century. The first Christian royal couple - King Mirian and Qween Nana are buried here. Since the 480s Samtavro became an Episcopal see. Since the beginning of 19th century it has become a convent.

Samtavisi Cathedral

Samtavisi Cathedral

Samtavisi Church (11th century) represents the pinnacle of early Georgian stone-carving. Many of the ornamentations developed here were used as models for later and grander churches. Note that the Tree of Life on the eastern façade is represented as a vine - yet another proof of the importance of viticulture in Georgia.

Pitareti Monastery

Pitareti Monastery

Old Gavazi St. Virgin Church

Old Gavazi St. Virgin Church

Old Gavazi Church is a monument of Georgian architecture dating back to the 6h century, located in Kakheti region, Kvareli municipality, with its three-tiered cobbled roof, arched entrance ways and windows the Church is not to be missed if you find yourself in the area.

Ninotsminda Cathedral

Ninotsminda Cathedral

Ninotsminda Cathedral dates back to the 6th century, and is located in the village of Sagarejo, in the Kakheti region. It is a highly important monument of Georgian architecture, as it precedes Jvari Monastery in Mtskheta, serving as a model for the transition to the Jvari-style tetraconch.

Nikortsminda Cathedral

Nikortsminda Cathedral

Nikortsminda Cathedral is a Georgian Orthodox Church, located in Nikortsminda, Racha region of Georgia. It was built in 1010-1014 during the reign of Bagrat III of Georgia. Nikortsminda represents the Georgian cross-dome style of architecture. The Cathedral is on the Tentative List for status as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Nekresi Monastery

Nekresi Monastery

Nekresi is an ancient monastic complex located on the top of a mountain in the Alazani Valley in Kakheti. It is one of the earliest Christian monuments in Georgia and includes several structures built in different periods.

Motsameta Monastery

Motsameta Monastery

This secluded hillside monastery is located 6 kilometers from Kutaisi, standing above the Rioni River, housing the sacred remains of the martyr Saints David & Konstantine Mkheidze.

Kintsvisi Monastery

Kintsvisi Monastery

Kintsvisi Monastery is located in the Shida Kartli region, eastern Georgia, in the Dzama gorge. The main church of the complex, St. Nicholas church, dates back to the 13th century. The monastery is notable for housing unique examples of medieval mural art from the early 13th century.

Ikalto Monastery

Ikalto Monastery

Ikalto Monastery, located 8 km west of the town of Telavi, was founded in the 6th century by Saint Zeno, one of the Assyrian Fathers. It was one of the most important cultural-scholastic centers of Kakheti, eastern region of Georgia.

Gremi Church of the Archangels

Gremi Church of the Archangels

Gremi church, the royal citadel and the Church of the Archangels, is dated back to the 16th century, is located in Kakheti, Kvareli district, east of the village of Gremi, 175 kilometers east of Tbilisi. Its design is a blend of traditional Georgian masonry and a local interpretation of the contemporary Iranian architecture.

Gergeti Trinity Church

Gergeti Trinity Church

Gergeti Trinity Church (also known as Tsmida Sameba) is the name of 14th century Holy Trinity Church on north-eastern Georgia near the Gergeti village. The church is located at an altitude of 2170 meters, under the glacier Kazbegi (5047 m) on the right bank of Chkheri River.

Bolnisi Sioni Church

Bolnisi Sioni Church

Bolnisi Sioni is the oldest preserved architectural monument of Georgia.The cross embossed on the eastern façade of the church, later called Bolnisi cross, became one of the symbols of the state. it is depicted on the modern flag of Georgia.On the walls, pagan sculptural elements such as animals and birds merge with the Christian motifs.

Bodbe Monastery

Bodbe Monastery

Bodbe Monastery of St. Nino is a Georgian Orthodox monastic complex and the seat of the Bishops of Bodbe. Notable for being the shrine to the relics of St. Nino, who preached Christianity to Georgia in the 4th century, it is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia. It is located 2 km from the town of Sighnaghi, Kakheti, Georgia.

Betania Monastery

Betania Monastery

The Betania Monastery of the Nativity of the Mother of God is a remarkable medieval monument, constructed in the beginning of the 13th century, in the "Golden Age" of Georgia. It is notable for its wall paintings which include a group portrait of Georgian monarchs. It is located 16 km southwest of Tbilisi.

Ateni Sioni Temple

Ateni Sioni Temple

Ateni Sioni Temple is a 7th century Georgian Orthodox church, near the town of Gori. The church stands in a setting of the Tana River valley and blends in with the gently curving hillside landscape.

Alaverdi

Alaverdi

Alaverdi St. George Cathedral is one of the most important medieval monuments and the second tallest religious building (up to 55 meters) in Georgia. It is located 18 km from the town of Telavi in the Alazani-River valley. It was constructed in the 11th century, but some of its structures date back to the 6th century.

Jvari Monastery

Jvari Monastery

The masterpiece of Early Christian Orthodox architecture Jvari Monastery is dated 585-604 cc AD. Located on the hill top near the town Mtskheta, it is listed in UNESCO World Heritage Site list in 1994. The name is translated as the Monastery of the Cross.

Bagrati Cathedral

Bagrati Cathedral

Bagrati Cathedral is widely regarded as a masterpiece, representing medieval Georgian architecture. It dates back to the 11th century and is often used as the symbol of the city of Kutaisi, where it is located.

Svetitskhoveli

Svetitskhoveli

Svetitskhoveli is the main Christian Orthodox Cathedral in Georgia, built in 1010-1029 cc by the Georgian architect Arsukisdze and represents the high artistic value of Feudal time’s architecture.